Dr. Fernando Lopez Diaz PhD. CBL
Staff Scientist Salk Institute for Biological Studies
Adjunt Professor University Francisco de Vitoria, Madrid, Spain.
Founder & CEO CEPIMP Genomics Argentina, and CEO Intellectics Inc (San Diego).
Scientist and entrepreneur.
Dr Lopez-Diaz is an expert scientist focused on molecular mechanisms of cancer and genomics. He provides scientific expertise and leadership in Clinical Genomics and Oncology in the United States and Latin America for Clinical Oncology teaming up with the Genomics industry leader Illumina Inc.
His interest on applied science into improving cancer patients care in emerging countries led him to found the First International Center for Personalized Medicine and Pharmacogenomics, Cepimp Genomics in Argentina and the US.
La presentación del Dr. Lopez Díaz:
-1996 obtained a Clinical Biochemistry degree and in 2003 his Doctorate in Chemistry, from the National University of Cordoba- ARGENTINA
- 2005: moved to La Jolla as Postdoctoral Fellow of The Salk Institute, one of the most prominent biological research institutes in the world and direct home of 6 Nobel Prize laureates, where he initiated a cancer research program on the laboratory of Regulatory Biology.
- 2011: became Salk Lead investigator for the Princeton University–Physical Sciences in Oncology Center to decipher cancer evolution working with physicists, mathematicians and engineers.
- 2013: promoted to Salk Institute Staff Scientist where he continues as of today.
- 2014: joined the Molecular Tumor Board of UCSD Moores Cancer Center and founded CEPIMP (ARG) and Intellectics Inc (USA).
- 2015 appointed as Adjunct Professor of Advanced Therapies and Biotechnological Innovation of the University Francisco de Vitoria, Madrid –SPAIN.
-Currently CEO and Scientific Director of CEPIMP Genomics SA, Argentina, a world class Clinical Genomics center.
Multiple awards from the governments of Argentina, France, China and the US, including the US residency in the National Interest of the United States of America.
His research has been named among the 2013-2014 Salk transformative discoveries and 2014 Salk President’s choice stellar breakthroughs.
-Dr Lopez Diaz is member of prestigious professional associations: American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), American Association of Cancer Research (AACR), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG).
-He has also given dozens of conferences and lectures in worldwide renowned Universities and International Symposia in the US, Asia and Latin America.